Mar 2, 2011

Fun Funky Letters


I bought letters for Sam's name 2 years ago and never got around to decorating them, well with the arrival of our new little guy I decided I wanted letters for the new baby and that is was time to do Sam's letters as well.

 
 What you will need:
  • Letters for the name or saying you want to decorate
  • Scrapbook paper (I did 4-5 different designs)
  • Base color paint
  • Mod Podge
  • Paint brush
  • Exacto knife
Start out by painting your letters with a base color (doesn't have to be perfect you cover most of it up!) Then take your scrapbook paper and tear it up into small pieces.
 Using Mod Podge coat your letter, place paper and cover paper with more modge podge. Don't worry about the edges at this point just make sure to mix up the different papers. When it is all dry take an exacto knife and trim along the edges (don't trim when wet is tears the paper in a not pretty way...I learned this the hard way). I did one last coat of Mod Podge and you are all done!
  After making the letters I realized I didn't have anywhere I could display them so my display will come in a future post!

Link Parties:

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cute letters! Love the paper you chose.

Thanks for your comments on my blog yesterday. You blog is great and the vest you made for your son's blessing day is adorable! Congrats on your new addition :)

I'm your newest follower.

Sarah
http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.com/

Chapples said...

That looks great!

melanie33 said...

those are adorable... want to come over and finish all my unfinished projects?
thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Those are awesome. So unique and beautiful. Thank you for comments and suggestions on my canvas art- I'm happy to announce that the "love" gets to stay, he gave in :)

Unknown said...

These are so cute! Thanks for linking up at Make Something Mondays! Hope to see you again next week!

-Sarah

L Simonson said...

SO darling! Thanks SO much for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. I hope you stop by again soon :)

~Lori @ Paisley Passions

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Adorable! I will have to do those for my baby! Visiting from Paisley Passions and I am a new follower!!!
Have a great day!
Michelle
http://www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

These are very pretty and creative! Great job.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Marcie @ DWYH said...

Very Cute! Thanks for linking up to Unwasted Homemaking Party, a new one will be up this afternoon!

wwwdontwasteyourhomemaking.com