Mar 22, 2011

Tasty Treats Tuesday: Chocolate Letters and Linky Party!

Last week I went to my wards Relief Society birthday party! Knowing how much I love to make fun cakes they asked if I would be willing to make cupcakes. I was so excited to try out a new decorating style!
Pretty hu? I love how it turned out!
Here is the finished product, and this post is going to tell you how to make those pretty chocolate letters on my cupcakes.
What you need:
  • Chocolate (I used 1/2 small bag of large chocolate chips for over 30 letters, the waxier the better)
  • Piping bag with small dot tip
  • Letter pattern
  • Wax paper
I had a fancy RS that I used for a pattern, it was hard to read when I piped it in chocolate so I made the letters more simple to make them easier to read.
Place your pattern under the wax paper and pipe your design over it.  
Then move your picture behind the wax paper and repeat.
And repeat until you have more letters than needed, I would make at least 10 extra in case some break or don't turn out.
Place wax paper on a cookie sheet and place in your freezer to set. Pull out of freezer when ready to decorate cup cakes, peel carefully and place on cupcakes. Work fast because the chocolate will start to melt in your hands!

I also am joining a new linky party called Follow Me Back Tuesday.
This is where you can swap follows with other bloggers!
Its hosted by Survey Junkie

3 comments:

Karen@SimpleBlue said...

Those look so good! What a nice way to celebrate Relief Society!

Chapples said...

That's really adorable! Great idea and so easy!

Amanda said...

Those are really cute! New follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday.
http://tooblessed-tobestressed.blogspot.com/