Mar 8, 2011

Bleach Pen Letters

I have been working on some really cute shirts for my boys. For decorating the back I wanted to make bleach letters B for big brother and L for little brother. Here is how I made my bleach letters.

What you need:
  • Bleach Pen
  • Freezer paper letter or shape
  • Fabric
  • Cardboard or something to protect your surface
  • Sink and soap

First you will cut out your freezer paper letter, I will be doing another post about freezer paper soon, but just make sure the wax side is down.
Iron your letter on the fabric you wish to bleach.
Use your bleach pen and cover the fabric, make sure to shake your pen (cap on) really well first. I wanted it very bleached so I used lots, but you can use less for a different effect.
Wait a couple min and come back and check, some fabrics you have to wait until it dries and let it continue to bleach even after that, you know it is ready when it starts to turn white behind the bleach.
Take your fabric to the sink remove the paper and hand wash.
Here is what you get when it is all done, sometimes the bleach gets behind the letters like on mine but I think it gives it more character. Stay tune to see the finished shirts!

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a clever idea! I agree that the bleach getting behind the letters gives it character. How cute!
--Jill
JillMadeIt.blogspot.com