Sep 18, 2011

Week 2 Letter T

We start our morning now with prayer and the pledge of allegiance, Sam really loves this part, and after just two weeks of doing it he is already memorizing parts of the pledge. He always makes sure to remind me if we have forgotten the flag!
Our home school routine is pretty relaxed at this point, we tend to wear pjs a lot and many days now we start school with calender then wait until Colten takes a nap to do our work boxes that way Sam isn't distracted by the silly baby!
This week was letter T, Sam's favorites still are cutting, gluing, stapling, and puff balls. Here he is sorting big T and little t.

Our life skill this week was folding pants and shorts, he still needs more practice with this but is getting really good and was SO excited when I let him fold all the towels and shorts in our last load of laundry, and I loved the help!
I had tried putting numbers on baby food jars and having him count them as he put them in the jar. Lets just say it was a very frustrating day, and I knew he wasn't ready for it, I changed it up and put colored post its on the jar that matched his pompoms and he scooped or used his tweezers to put them in the right jar. He loved it!
Don't mind the binki and Cheerios on the table those are my tools to keeping the crabby baby happy when he wont take a nap.
Sam doing clip letters again, he is getting really good at them!
This week the scripture is Exodus 20:15, here Sam is making the stone plates, we worked on all the commandments this week a little, he has been happily running around saying "thou shall not steal!" especially when Colten tries to take his toy.
Some days Dad is there to help tame the wild baby (who is now crawling!) but that silly little guy never takes his eyes off us!

Blogs/websites I used to help make this week successful:
Confessions of a Homeschooler (I bought her letter of the week download and I really love it!)

4 comments:

Cali said...

You're AMAZING!! How on earth do you make time to do all this cool stuff?! Love it.

DSLA said...

Thanks for linking up at Workbox Wednesday! I would love it if you would grab a button! I love the little flag!

danielle @ RLR said...

Visiting from Workbox Weds...

Cute stuff!

...danielle

Sharla said...

Thanks for the great ideas! I love the baby food jars for sorting and I really love the folding life skills one. I will have to remember that. I will do it with socks too.

We also use a lot of things from Confessions of a Homeschooler and Homeschool Creations.

Looks like a fabulous week!