Apr 12, 2011

Tasty Treats Tuesday: Cilantro Lime and Pulled Pork

I have two very yummy recipes for you, sadly I didn't take pictures as I made this the other night but I had to share it anyways!

First off is a sweet and spicy pulled pork recipe, I have had this with pork before but I made it with chicken the other night and it was just as amazing!

Pulled Pork/Chicken
3-4lbs meat
12oz can tomato sauce
8oz can El Pato Sauce Mild (in yellow can)
1 C brown sugar
1-2 cloves of garlic minced
½ C water
Cook and shred meat, add ingredients and cook in slower cooker high 1-2 hours.

Next is a Cilantro Lime sauce which you eat with the meat, they are a perfect pair.
Here is my yummy sauce, its pretty runny at first but becomes creamier after a night in the refrigerator.

Cilantro Lime Sauce
1 envelope o buttermilk ranch dressing mix
1 C Mayo
1 C Milk
½ bunch cilantro
2 tomatillos quartered
1 clove of garlic minced
Juice and zest of 1 lime
  Put in blender and blend until smooth.
Yes I know it sounds fattening with 1 cup of mayo but I use about a tablespoon of it in my taco so a little goes a long way!
I hope you enjoy!

No comments: